For a client in the energy industry, we are looking for a SAP Manager. Description:
SAP Work Manager 6.2 is the primary tool supporting 450+ maintenance technicians in Wind Power when processing work orders from SAP, reporting defects, replacement of equipment, order and consume spare parts and to report readings and access documentation.
Technicians also make time registrations via Work Manager. The application has dependencies to several other systems and carries data; in may ways critical for business and/or individuals.
SAP Work Manager version 6.2 is out of support leaving us with no guaranteed support or updates from SAP. We have had situations where security updates on the IOS operating system have disabled important features of the application – essentially leaving the application useless to the technicians. Only mitigation is going back to paper-based handling by our site staff.
A new release exists (version 6.5) has been released from SAP but that version will be discontinued in 2022 to be replaced by an all new product (SAP Asset Manager) which is already available. The purpose
of this pre-project analysis is to establish the basis for deciding on one of four solutions.
- Interim – purchase extended support from SAP on existing version (6.2)
- Upgrade to newest version (6.5)
- Purchase a new standard solution which will require EU Tender
- Module based solution (own development on various functionalities)
This analysis will be conducted over a 2 months period and feed into an investment decision on May 22nd. We expect an approximate 50% project manager effort during those 2 months. Requirements:
Driving this analysis within our organization will require strong people and management skills to bring people together in joint decisions and solutions
- Very strong stakeholder management skills as this solution has a very wide and diversified range of stakeholders
- Highly experienced in conducting IT and business analysis
- Facilitating workshops by which you ensure sound compromises, clear outcome and viable decisions
- Development of no-nonsense business case as the objective basis for decisions
- Practical experienced with:
- SAP projects/pre-projects
- High level planning to support business case
NOTE APPROX 50% workload Start:
- Knowledge of agile project methodology (preferably SAFe) as this will be the preferred implementation methodology
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.