The DevOps team support many groups that build tools and services to process data.
There is need for engineers focused on integrating these services to meet changing user requirements. This role requires skills spanning operations, user support, qa, requirements gathering and even diplomacy—you will be the glue that holds everything together. It will require breadth of understanding of all available services. You will be exposed to a vast range of technologies, from REST API services to UI products and Mac OSX applications. In this role, thereis need to drive change and processes across a large number of engineering teams to improve
quality of the products and efficiency of developers, with the goal of Continuous Improvement.Responsibilities include SCM management, Development Process implementation, automated reporting utilities, automated administrative tasks, system level troubleshooting, product integrations, dependency management, release management, virtualization support, environment management, and build automation through continuous delivery.
You will be a part of a team of talented engineers aimed at delivering a world class build infrastructure at scale with the goal of improving developer happiness and efficiency.
- Proactively monitor build infrastructure and pre-production environments, resolving immediate
issues according to run books and documented processes.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve reported Incidents according to run books and documented processes.
- Update internal Knowledge Base articles
- Document processes and provide user guides for developers and other service users.
- Investigate and promote use of new technologies and build procedures.
- Experience in a technical customer facing role.
- Sincere interest in helping customers and providing the best service possible to them.
- Experience of Linux / macOS server administration.
- Experience document processes and provide user guides.
- Experience managing continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity or Bamboo.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Service minded approach with a passion for providing and improving critical development services.
- Experience working with monitoring & dashboard, such as Splunk, Grafana and Prometheus.
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WILL BE CONSIDERED A PLUS
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Scripting Languages (Python, Ruby, Go, Bash).
- Experience of working with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Chef.
6 month +
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.