For a client in the energy sector, we are currently seeking an experienced expert to lead the technical part of an innovative Non-Revenue Water (NRW) project in the United Arab Emirates.
The project scope is to implement a water network system that integrates all data and systems from GIS to SCADA
into a dedicated platform consisting of an online (real-time) hydraulic model and a management information system that monitors the state as well as the performance of the operation.
The job requires strong technical skills in a broad range of technical areas from IT systems to hydraulic modelling, capacity building, field instrumentation and performance optimization.
As the Senior Consultant and Technical Lead, you will join our team of 2-3 engineers presently implementing the project on-site. You will also work closely with a Danish team based in DK. Your profile:
- International project experience in developing and/or transition countries
- Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant field
- + 10 years of experience with NRW, hydraulic solutions and optimizing utility infrastructure
- Proven IT skills including programming, database, security etc.
- Proven client-facing, interactive and relationship-building skills at mid-to senior level
- Experience with project risk management and writing technical proposals and reports
- An approach that balances ability to work independently with team orientation and an overarching commitment to the Client.
- English speaking and writing on a high business level
- Experience with GIS, SCADA, Asset Management and/or similar systems
- Understanding of what it means to be a project back-stop, technical tower of knowledge and sharing professional knowledge
- Experience with large tenders, especially as Bid Manager
- Experience in GCC countries, e.g. UAE or similar markets
- Other languages e.g. Arabic, Bahasa Malay
1. January 2020 (or sooner)
2½ Years+ option for prolongation
United Arab Emirates, Denmark
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.